GregSchrock

Grade quizzes by question?

Is there any way to grade a quiz by question rather than by student? Our previous CMS had this functionality and it was very useful for grading essay tests.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @GregSchrock ...

Do you think that the information in this Guide might help to answer your question?

How do I grade one quiz question at a time in Spee... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Please keep us posted here in the Community...thanks!

0 Kudos

Does this work in New Quizzes as well? The article only references how to do this in Classic Quizzes.

0 Kudos

Hi again, @GregSchrock ...

It doesn't look like it's available in New Quizzes...yet.  I just searched the Community, and I found this:

Add Grade by Question Feature in New Quizzes - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

It looks like it's in development...so that's good news!  You might want to follow the Canvas Product Roadmap - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  Specifically, check out "Q1 - Q2 2023", because the 4th arrow under "CANVAS LMS" appears to address exactly what you're wanting.

Hope this will be of some help to you!

GregSchrock

Well that's disappointing.  How is that "New" Quizzes lacks helpful features of the old version? 🤔

0 Kudos

@GregSchrock ...

Unlike current Classic Quizzes, New Quizzes is essentially a LTI tool, and thus the interface is different.  While I cannot speak for Instructure, I know there are some parts of classic Quizzes that don't exist in New Quizzes.  There is a comparison document that you can look over which is linked here:

New Quizzes Transition Toolkit - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

It's great to know that Instructure is working on incorporating this into New Quizzes, though...so keep watch of the Release Notes in the coming months...as I'm sure Instructure will let us know when this is ready for users.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos