Gradebook Changes

Jump to solution
WesleyMccammon
Community Novice

So in the most recent update it seems they did away with the drop down menu to quickly change between sections as well as the drop down menu to change between modules.  Now you have to apply filters so see what you want to see.  

No modern gradebook program works this way.  I expressed my frustration to an agent on the chat and the response was, "Unfortunately this is the way that the gradebook is going to be set going forward."

Is it just me or does this "apply filters" seem like a step BACKWARDS in technology?  I mean, it can't be that hard.  So many more clicks to get to see what I need to see.  It just seems like a bad idea.  I asked him to pass my concerns along to someone as a suggestion or a request, but am I wrong here?  Applying filters seems so 2010's.  

It makes the whole Canvas gradebook seem silly.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @WesleyMccammon ,

Canvas now has a feature that allows you to create "preset" filters according to your needs. It may take a few "extra clicks" to set up those filters, but once you have done it, you can click on one filter button to select your preset filter. Ultimately it should give you more control over how you filter your Gradebook because you can set your own criteria.

How do I create and manage filters in the Gradebook?

View solution in original post