Grades in Canvas platform - May 2022

Jump to solution
MariusBRATU
Community Novice

Hi, 

I am wondering why the Grades are not visible immediately after submission (for Quizzes with multiple attempts). In the Blackboard platform these results were visible immediately. 

Can anyone from eLearning provide some guidance?

Thank you, 

Marius Bratu

mbratu@our.ecu.edu.au

0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Hi @MariusBRATU ,

When you are in your Gradebook, do you see the word "Manual" at the top of the column with the quiz? If so, then the students will not see their quiz grades until you "post" them.

In the upper righthand corner of your Gradebook, you will see a gear icon. When you open it, go to the second tab "Grade Posting Policy." Here you will have two options: to automatically post grades and to manually post grades.

If you choose "Automatically Post Grades," then your students will see their results immediately. If you choose "Manually Post Grades," then you will have to "post" the grades for each individual assignment or quiz. You can do this by going to the Gradebook and clicking on the 3 dots at the top of the column for that individual quiz. Then choose "Grade Posting Policy" in the dropdown menu.

Personally, I find it much easier to set my courses' grade posting policy to "Automatically Post Grades." Then I don't have any issue with the Quiz grades. When I'm grading an Assignment that takes more time, I simply "hide" the grades in SpeedGrader until I'm ready to post them.

View solution in original post