Grading error

Jump to solution
KyungHeeChoi
Community Member

I am an instructor of AMD278.

I graded some exercises, one of students' activities in class on Canvas.

However, a few students' grades in exercise 1 and 2 looks missing even though I added their scores in the SpeedGrader on Canvas. When I checked the SpeedGrader, I can see their scores, but in the section of Grade on Canvas, they look hidden (I can see an eyemark?). Also, the Home of the Canvas indicates that I need to still grade exercise 1 (5 students' grades are missing) and exercise 2 (1 student's grade is missing).

Please, reply to me my email, if available.

kyunghee@iastate.edu

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @KyungHeeChoi 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with speedgrader. The eye mark you are talking about in the gradebook means that there is  something within the speedgrader for the students that needs addressing. This is usually an essay  question in  a quiz, questions being regraded, etc. If you go to the speedgrader, it   will tell you right at the top which questions need  reviewing. Enter the points for the questions, and hit update at the bottom of the assignment and the scores will populate in the gradebook.

As for your specific assignments not displaying the proper scores or having issues, you'd need to speak with Canvas support and they can take an actual look at that.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post

0 Likes