Grading for Teachers (on ALL Canvas LMS and Canvas Mobile for Teachers)

Jump to solution
KimberMathis
Community Member

Here is the concern:

It is hard to navigate finding the gradebook and students' grades in Canvas. Can you put it as a main tab on both the Canvas Mobile App AND Canvas LMS? I have students ask me questions frequently enough about their grades and I need to go back into it and look at it OR to do a teacher recommendation for a student and need to see the whole page of THEIR grades. Currently it is really hard to find the "gradebook" section other than the 'to do list' which is only what has not been graded. It is even harder because I have two sections of each class and when a student emails me, I am not sure which section of the same class they are from and there is no one gradebook that makes it easy for me to look up that information. I know I can look it up but it is trial and error because I have to choose the course and section they are in first; however the section number does not show up on the drop down menu for the gradebook. If you need a video or pictures to describe this concern, I would be glad to help, especially if anything can be done to improve it to make it so I can better fulfill my job as a teacher without having to extra click on many things to find the information I need.

Thus in short: can you (1) make the section number show up on inbox messages and the to-do list of grading and individual grading in the speed grader and in the gradebook; and (2) make it easier to access the gradebook from the main page like there is a "dashboard" or "courses" or "to do" or "inbox". And can these things be done on BOTH the app and the normal Canvas website (that BYU uses - I am not sure which they use). Thank you!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @KimberMathis ...

This sounds like one or more requests for enhancements to Canvas.  There is a way to do that here in the Community via the "Ideas and Themes" part of the site.  For more information on this, check out the section on "Ideas and Themes" located here:

You'll want to read the documentation on how to create new idea.  Also, within that document, pay attention to the info on Community Rank.  You're at a "Community Novice" right now, and there are a few additional easy things you'll need to do to "rank up" in the Community.  This is similar to leveling up in video and board games.  One you do this, you'll be able to submit your idea for consideration.

I hope this will be of some help to you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes