Help desk?

Jump to solution
NancyMelucci
Community Member

I have a problem with my Canvas LMS for a class the community has no solution for. I need help from a professional IT person. The thread directs us to "contact the Instructure Help Desk," but a search of this site shows no link to that thing if it exists. I need help from a professional IT person, NOT peer help. Where is the HELP DESK? Does it even exist? Not everything can be fixed by peer advice, which is one reason I am not a huge fan of Canvas. So much support is off-loaded to the community when professionals are needed. It makes me feel quite insecure, and this LMS is penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @NancyMelucci,

The options you have for getting support for Canvas depend on a couple things...

First, are you using free-for-teacher Canvas, or a Canvas instance set up by your school/institution?

If you're using the free-for-teacher Canvas, support will be pretty much limited to peer support here in the Instructure Community.

If you're using a school/institution Canvas instance, you should likely have access to additional support options, but those to depend on what your school/institution has decided to provide for a support structure.  Some schools have a local help desk staffed by their employees that you'd contact and report issues.  They'd then escalate questions which they cannot answer to Instructure.  Other schools may provide users direct access to Instructure support, which is usually done through chat or a phone call, but having this level of support available does generally come at an additional cost so not every school/institution will have this option.  Some schools/institutions are a hybrid combination of these two methods.  Finally, I suppose there may be some schools that choose to offer no support at all for their Canvas instance, though I'd imagine that would be exceedingly rare.

If you can let us know which of the two main buckets you fall in, we may be able to get you more support info.

-Chris

View solution in original post