Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I noticed over the last 8 years people have asked for a way to save their Announcements for later times or unpublish them. I have certain Announcements, mainly to parents, that I only send out once a year. Since I am not sure what day the following y...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently found out that file preview does not work on Safari, mine is currently in version 15.3. This has never happened before, I tried with Chrome and it's still working. Is there anything I can do to fix this, I am used to Safari and do not want...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am trying to find the Customer Success Manager for my school. How can I do that? My school wants to start the Canvas and Blackbaud Integration

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new on Canvas and just started a free teacher account. How to I select elementary for canvas? I want the elementary format.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I download essays from Canvas to Word, and grade them using Dragon Naturally Speaking so that I leave very detailed comments.  When I attach the graded essay so students can see the comments, I am not sure they are getting them.  What to do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas there has to be a better way to hide items from the gradebook. Items were imported to my course, or not used second semester and going to the assignment-edit-Display as not graded-SaveIs tedious for all of those assignments. Couldn't there be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been using Canvas for a few years, and I have been successful with sharing quizzes from one course to another in the past.  (Ex:  I am the Quiz Bowl sponsor, and I have daily quizzes of trivia questions, and I have been able to reuse them for ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been trying to make this work, but always have an error notice saying something went wrong ... Have anybody else experienced this, and found a way out?Beate

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I un-authorize the integration of Google Drive with Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The BackgroundThe simplest way we've found of knowing if a course is complete is having a quiz at the end of a course. This way we can easily view grades to see who has done the final quiz and therefore completed. We thought this quiz could double up...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I import into canvas a test bank that was created in work

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I've been setting a lot of my quizzes as complete/incomplete tasks. I can mark them and comment but for some reason it doesn't allow me to select complete/incomplete (see photo). When my students go in to view their marks they can see a big 'x'. I...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

All the  recommended readings etc have gone from my student canvas account, how do I get them back, this happened about 10 days ago. I logged in using chrome and still didn't appear. All I've got is a list of the study days in Northland, Auckland and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am not able to login even after clicking forget password no email received to reset my password..please help

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All does anyone know how best to get placement for cert 111 in individual support? even though I have studied disability I am constantly told by disability work places that I would have to be employed by an aged care facility to cover all the requ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey! One of our faculty is trying to use the Read Aloud feature (Microsoft's Immersive Reader) and has found that it can't seem to read the minus sign! For example, "B-" is read as just "B," but "B+" is read correctly as "B plus."And yes, we have tri...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have imported some New Quizzes from a live course into a sandbox to add some quiz questions to the quizzes. However, every time I try to add a quiz question to the sandbox quizzes I get the error: New Quiz "Failed to create quiz entry" What do I ne...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings all,I've been using Canvas and the Rich Content Editor for years now and have been wondering about something for all that time that I hope one of y'all might be able to help with.I work in a Nursing school where many of our clinical courses...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I have a quiz with a due date set to 3/22/23 at 10 am and the same for the available until date. The quiz time limit is 2 hours. I was under the impression that the student quiz would be automatically submitted at the available until date. Howeve...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When my students try to access an assignment through the assignments tab they cannot load my external tool in the assignment. But if they access an assignment through the modules tab, it works just fine. Could I get some clarification on how to fix t...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Seriously. I'm even here trying to contact help and it takes me a thousand clicks to get to post something on a bulletin board, not even chat with someone who can actually help. You're interface is NOT intuitive, nor helpful. I'm looking at grades. A...

• 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

In Authentication settings, what is the meaning of Federated attributes "admin_role" representing in canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is Canvas? Is it like Omegle?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Watch the video to see what I am talking about! I used Word for example but it is the same with powerpoint but just using Powerpoint. (Sorry that the video is so slow)

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

As this is a technical issue, I am beginning with some background (for those who might stumble upon this). The actual question is in bold below.For years, Canvas has allowed, first by invoking MathJax manually by adding the requisite <math> </math> t...

• 3 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I am an instructor and created student groups to allow them to work on group projects.I can access the Collaborations created in the main course menu, but when I go to a Group Homepage and try to open Collaborations from the group homepage, I get the...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I am new for canvas so now we are working on setup the grading scheme for the sub account and we want all the course on this sub account can only choose the grading scheme that we set from back end. Teacher are not not allow to use their own grad...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to remove this lock icon from my module pages. 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

THIS ONE CANVAS INFLEXIBILITY WASTES SO MUCH OF MY TIMEWhy can't Canvas have functionality to add/subtract points globally on a quiz after students have submitted? Or, better yet, auto change the scores on a quiz after modifying a quiz?For example, y...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies