Hide navigation in embedded google slides

Jump to solution
lnorris1
Community Novice

I have created an interactive google slide show for a professional learning course for our teachers and have embedded it on a page in Canvas. The idea is to "lead your own learning" by clicking on parts of the slide that will advance you to a particular point in the slideshow to learn more. I do not want users to navigate the slideshow on their own, but instead by following the prompts on the slides. I have tried different coding in the html but cannot seem to get it right. I did end up hiding the navigation controls at one point, but the slideshow ended up too small. Here is the hyperlink to the google slideshow: Student-Centered Learning - Google Slides Here is the embed code: <iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/2PACX-1vS5fbVqoYFuZTaE5TKcDyL5Se8vVNNHZPtE5vu6LyJhM1NKs7dbj..." frameborder="0" width="960" height="569" allowfullscreen="true" mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true"></iframe>

I'm not sure which one you may need. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you! Laurie

3 Solutions

@lnorris1 ‌,

Much like the others here, I am not expert on HTML, however, I know when I embed Google Sheets, the following works for me:

<iframe src="SOME SHAREABLE SPREADSHEET LINK;rm=minimal" width="SOMETHING" height="SOMETHING"></iframe></p>

The operative piece is the "rm=minimal".  This will hide the menu on the sheet and only show the cells/contents.  Maybe you can work with this and see if you get the results you need.  Good luck. 

View solution in original post

AE2
Community Member

This was very helpful and worked great! I had to modify the width and height a littleafter adding this code. But that's OK because now my slide does not have the Google Slides task bar at the bottom and students can use the interactive links embedded in the slide. Thanks! 

0 Likes
KSchneiderQuest
Community Member

Add this to your code after selecting the < > at bottom of edit screen: &amp;rm=minimal

Example:

<p><iframe src="https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/e/0k9XJnj-EQrXhu5ejZegU2nN_5gy-G5nDfkfgnlI7SDAEtJnKiubc LiWao2DU8xKnR0kUs91/embed?start=false&amp;loop=false&amp;delayms=3000&amp;rm=minimal" width="960" height="569" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" webkitallowfullscreen="webkitallowfullscreen" mozallowfullscreen="mozallowfullscreen"></iframe></p>