How can I highlight from the computer? I can't highlight my readings to study 

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Bel2 ...

Are you wanting to highlight some text that your instructor has given you to read for the course?  What form is the text in?  Is it a Word document?  A PDF file?  Text within a content page of Canvas?  In general, Canvas does not have any tools that allow you to highlight text that you are reading.  If the text was within a content page of your course, you could select all the text, paste it into a Word document, and then use the highlight tool as needed.  Even better would be if your instructor provided a copy of the text for you to download so that you could do highlighting on your own?  Sometimes, instructors will use third-party external tools (these are called LTIs in Canvas) from places like book publishers.  I don't know the capabilities of those third-party applications and whether or not they offer any highlighting tools.  That would be a question for the publishers of those tools and not Canvas.

I hope I've been able to provide some ideas of how you might go about highlighting text.  Check with your instructor to see if he/she has any other suggestions...or would be willing to provide electronic files of the material for you and your students.  You can use this Guide to contact your instructor: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes