Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heatherrestall

How can I assign a quiz to a group?

I want to assign a quiz to a particular group rather than a whole class. I've set up the groups but I don't seem to be able to assign groups in a quiz.

26 Replies
karen_harris1
Community Participant

Is assigning a Quiz to a Group Set on the Canvas Roadmap?

mcarlson

Assigning individually is not a solution.

What if you have one person absent?  I need to assign a quiz to a group (so that it grades it) but gives the scores to the group....  putting individual names in for every group assignment each time I have one is not feasible.   (and I'd have to change the person if someone is absent...)

I would like to assign my quizzes to a group.

Plus it doesn't allow for very good differentiation!!!!

karen_harris1
Community Participant

Will New Quizzes offer the ability to assign a quiz to Groups, where one quiz submission pushes the grade to everyone in the Group?

sarah_harrelson
Community Member

It's very frustrating that I discovered this flaw in Canvas today on January 7, 2022 and when I went to search for a solution I found this thread that was started in 2018. Come on.

THIS IS NOT THE SOLUTION CANVAS!!!

You will find that Canvas is not very responsive to requests for these basic things like assigning quizzes to groups, partial credit in quizzes.next... As has been stated previously, lack of ability to group students for differentiated quizzes (or other reasons) is unacceptable, but unlikely to ever change.