How can I integrate canvas for certification?

Jump to solution
nmajethiya
Community Novice

Hello,

We are looking for customised solution for canvas product.

We have working system where we have implemented flow for the certification. 
Our client needs to integrate Canvas with our product so please let us know the possible feasibility. 

Certification flow in our application is as follows,
  1.  Institute creates certificate template in to the system.
  2.  Course is added by an institute. (Course Name, Course Category, Template, Course Number, Course Description)
  3. Batch is created and students are invited for that batch. Batch is then finalised in blockchain. Once batch is finalised, it can not be altered. (Batch Name, Batch Number, Max Student, Course, Start Date, End Date, Certificate Issue Expiry Date, Branch)
  4. Certificate for that batch will be issued in blockchain. (Certificate Name, Course, Batch)
Fields that are given in braces are compulsory fields.

Based on the above flow that we have, what are the possible integrations that we can make, if we want to use canvas for LMS ?
0 Likes
1 Solution
stuart_ryan
Community Novice

Hi Nirav,

Assuming your application can talk with Canvas' APIs, this is definitely something you could do.

On step 2, you could use the Canvas Courses API Courses - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation to create the course in Canvas, the benefit of doing so is that your system can then store the resulting ID for future interactions or you could set the Course SIS ID field to populate your systems unique ID into Canvas.

On step 3 you would use the users API to first create the students Users - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  and then the Enrolments API to enrol them into the created course (from step 2) Enrollments - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation.

You can see the full API documentation at Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  and I anticipate you would need to get a grade back to mark the student as completed (which you can also do).

The APIs are quite extensive, I would recommend reviewing each of the end-points at the above link, that will give you a lot more detail on what touchpoints you can interact with via the API.

Hope that helps!

Stuart

View solution in original post

0 Likes