How can an instructor manually replace a student submission?

Jump to solution
mrwinn
Community Member

A student uploaded an incorrect file.  I would like to manually change the file submission.  How do I do this?  If not possible, how do I open the assignment only for that one student?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @mrwinn ...

It is not possible for instructors to submit files on behalf of a student for a given assignment in Canvas.  It's also not possible to delete a submission if a student submitted incorrectly.  There is an existing Feature Idea that you might want to check out, however: Submit an assignment on behalf of a student - Canvas Community.  If you feel that this Feature Idea aligns with something you'd like to see implemented in Canvas, I would encourage you to rate it and maybe post a comment at the bottom why this would be important for you in Canvas.  See How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Commu... - Canvas Community for more details.

As far as accessing your student's submission, this Guide should be of help to you: How do I grade a file upload submission in SpeedGr... - Canvas Community.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post