How do I check the list of assignments assigned to a specific student?

Jump to solution
NITI2022
Community Member

As an Instructor, I've posted the assignments and assigned them to students based on mastery. Not all assignments are provided to all students.

I'm confused about the grades page (individual view) because it shows all the assignments that I've posted even though I haven't assigned them to that specific student.

Is there any possibility that I can check only the assignments assigned under the specific student's name, rather than seeing all assignments under that student's name?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @NITI2022!

I took a look at some different options but it wouldn't be possible from the Canvas interface. It will always show assignments that are not assigned to them, they will just be grayed out. 

You can, however, use API to return a list of assignments for a student in a course. This documentation goes over it - https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/assignments.html#method.assignments_api.user_index

To make it easily consumable, you can use a browser extension for JSON formatting. Myself and a lot of others use this one for Chrome.

View solution in original post

0 Likes