How do you view statistics for an exam?

Jump to solution
dhurlbut
Community Novice

How do you view the statistics for one particular assignment?  You used to be able to see average / median etc and now that option appears to be gone...

I do not want to download the file into Excel.  We used to be able to have this feature directly in Canvas.  WHY is it gone?  and can it PLEASE be brought back?!?!?!?  Thank you, Diana

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @dhurlbut  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

You can use New Analytics for this purpose, as shown in the screenshot below.....

352753_pastedImage_1.png

Learn how in the New Analytics Chapter of the Canvas Instructor Guide, specifically How do I compare the course average chart graph with an assignment, section, or student filter in Ne... 

If New Analytics are not yet turned on in your course, see this How do I manage new features for a course?  

If you do not see New Analytics in your feature choices, you will need to contact your school's Canvas Admin.

Note:  the Title of your question asks about Exams, while the body asks about assignments. If you really wanted to know about Quizzes, then you want quiz statistics, then this guide will help https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26579-once-i-publish-a-quiz-what-kinds-of-quiz-statistics-a... 

Kelley

View solution in original post