How to mute Assignment Comments in SpeedGrader

Jump to solution
murrayk2
Community Novice

How can I mute Assignment Comments in SpeedGrader?

I give comments on ungraded assignments using SpeedGrader. Last year I was able to mute an assignment in SpeedGrader, upload my comments at my own pace, and then unmute the assignment so all the comments were visible at the same time.

Now, it appears that there is no way to mute comments, just grades, using the New Gradebook. I have my Gradebook set for manual grading. Am I missing something?

2 Solutions
kona
Community Champion

@murrayk2 , when grades are hidden from students, the comments should also be hidden from them as well. This guide explains more about hiding and what it means/does - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16571-4152813670 

Even though it says "grades," if you read further, it does state that instructor comments should be hidden from students as well as grade information.

Is this not what you are experiencing?

Kona

View solution in original post

murrayk2
Community Novice

Thanks for this--at the time I posted the question, I hadn't yet tried the feature because I was afraid students would be able to see my comments before I wanted them to. But, I tried out the SpeedGrader this week and it's working as you described.

I will say, the ability to just mute the assignment from the assignment page was a much easier/more intuitive way to make this happen, but perhaps that's not true for users who use the whole Gradebook function.

Thank you for the reply!
Kristen

View solution in original post