How to use Turnutib to check one submission

Jump to solution
weiluo00001
Community Member

I have created one assignment for students' group final report, but I did not create the assignment folder with Turnutib setting. Now I want to check one group's submission with Turnutib. Can you provide me some instructions? Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @weiluo00001,

This is probably something you'll want to reach out to your local Canvas support team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) to discuss.  There are multiple different versions of Turnitin with different features around this as well as different ways it could be handled in Canvas depending on the features/permissions your school/institution has enabled for you.  Unfortunately, as members of the Canvas Community, we don't have access to your school's Canvas environment to see exactly how things are setup or what version of Turnitin you have.

Aside form the above info on the technical side of things, I did also want to quickly mention that one-off checks like this can sometimes be frowned on and considered an equity issue.  For example, is it fair to check group A's submission because you suspect an issue, while group B isn't checked because it looked okay to you?  Group B may have plagiarizes even more than group A, but just from a source you weren't familiar with.  When you contact your Canvas support team, they may also mention this and have policies/procedures/guidelines around it.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post