How to view assignments on the calendar if they're not automatically uploaded

Jump to solution
ClareMcCaughey
Community Member

The assignments for one of my classes aren't showing in the calendar like others. Is this at the discretion of the instructor? If so, how do I add the assignments to the calendar under that class and not my personal calendar.? 

Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
gnoack
Community Champion

Hi @ClareMcCaughey 

First check that you have filtered your calendar to show that course.  I suspect this is the issue. See this guide for how to do that. 

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Student-Guide/How-do-I-filter-the-Calendar-view-by-course-as-a-st...

If it is set to show the course with the missing assignments. I recommend you contact the instructor, assignments with due dates should automatically show in the calendar. 

You could create them manually, if all else fails. 

Prof. Noack

View solution in original post

0 Likes
nwilson7
Community Champion

@ClareMcCaughey  I am guessing you are a student in the course so I will answer with that assumption.  The course calendar is controlled mostly by the instructor.  I say mostly because as long as an assignment is published and has a due date, it should automatically show on the calendar.  If it is not showing and you are able to access the assignment in the course (meaning it is published) and it has a due date, it is probably best to reach out to Canvas support to see why it is not also on the calendar.  As a student, you do not have the ability to add items to the course's calendar.

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes