I accidently deleted a page I want. How do I get it back?

Jump to solution
EileenHarris
Community Member
0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @EileenHarris,

I would suggest that you contact your school/institution Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas), as they may be able to restore the page for you.  There is unsupported functionality in Canvas to restore things, but it doesn't always work, and depending how many things have been deleted in the course in the past, the exact item you want may not be on the list of things to restore.  Because this is totally unsupported functionality (and has the potential to mess things up), I generally do not post the information on how to attempt to do this yourself.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post

Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@EileenHarris @chriscas 

Eileen -

In addition to what Chris stated, you can try to save it yourself by adding /undelete at the end of the url for the course after clicking on the home button.

the url will be .../courses/234323 /undelete  where I have left off the first part of the url specific to your school, then you should have courses and then the course id number is the number I made up in the url

That will list most of what has been deleted and you can recover those items listed.

Ron

View solution in original post