I recorded Video for assignment- can not find video to upload?

Jump to solution
KatrinaMacWhort
Community Member

It said error at the very end but I was able to save the file name, but where did it save to help- I do not want to rerecord the video again for my assignment.

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @KatrinaMacWhort 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with losing a video recording. It can depend where and how you recorded the video. Was it directly in an assignment or discussion using the built in media recorder? Was it with Studio or Kaltura? If you used the recorder directly in an assignment or discussion and the video didn't post directly, it is likely gone and you may need to record it again. Studio or other apps like it can keep your recordings in a library, but if you had network or browser issues, it may not have made it to  our servers. If your recording is more than a few minutes, we recommend not recording the video directly reliant on your internet connection for issues like this. Any lapse in connectivity, browser problems, etc. can cause issues with the uploading process and then there isn't another copy of it. Recording a video on your phone, computer (not internet based) or elsewhere can be helpful to make sure that when you are done, the video is saved and your internet connection is not a factor. 

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post

0 Likes