cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenny_hopf
Community Participant

Ideas for creating a Certificate of Completion

I understand the Certificate of Completion idea is currently under consideration, but was wondering if anyone has had success with using a free third party tool to generate a certificate, inside a Canvas course?  Our hope it to create a Module that students can only enter after completing a set of requirements, and inside the Module is an option to download a basic certificate that includes their name, credits, etc...  Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

14 Replies
ahayson
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @jenny_hopf ‌,

Have you given any thought to Accredible, Badgr or Credly as options for third-party LTI's who offer badging/ certification capabilities. Might be worth taking a look if you haven't already had the chance! Smiley Happy badging digital badging certificates #certification

- Am

dave_perry
Community Participant

This shouldn't require 3rd party support, it should be built in. If Canvas is aimed as a complete learning tool, certificates are an obvious outcome.

Heck, moodle has a plugin freely available to do this that installs easily.

Hi  @dave_perry ‌,

Thanks for your feedback! There is an awesome Feature Request online at the moment which I think would be of interest to you: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/2027-certificate-of-completion-generator" modifiedtitle="true".... It would be fantastic if you could up-vote the idea, and provide any additional feedback in the comments section. The more support the better! Smiley Happy

- Am

amtassio
Community Member

Where do we go to see that and vote for this feature?

Thanks,

AT

SureshIsave
Community Member

We can use Google form/Quiz with Certify'em extension and share link here in our course, so the students can get certificate automatically as they submit the quiz. But I am not sure whether it is permitted on this platform or not.