Import Content Current Jobs "Pre-processing" stuck

Jump to solution
ChristineArazan
Community Member

To create a new course, I am importing content from several other courses via "settings" "import content" and have included templates and course content from other classes.  When attempting to import a canvas common cartridge I got a message that the file was not available and it shows as "pre-processing."  A cartridge I tried to import after just shows as "queued."  

It appears that the "file not available" is clogging up my import content current jobs.  I cannot see how to reset, clear, delete that request with the file not available so that I can continue to import content into the course shell.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ChristineArazan,

I'd definitely reach out to Canvas Support directly about this if you can.  I've encountered similar issues with report exports (as an admin) before, and support was able to clear out the errored/stalled export and get the queue moving again.  There are APIs that can sometimes help programming-minded people do some of this on their own, but upon initial look I don't see a way to cancel an import via API.

Alternatively, the issue may time out after a while and resolve itself (I'm not sure how long you've waited).

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes