Import Error on LTI content after Copying Course

Jump to solution
HortonShine2
Community Member

After copying a course that contained LTI content I am receiving this message.  "Import Error: Assignment - "Respond: Analyze the Text [Ode to enchanted light]" Import Error: Assignment - "Respond: Analyze the Text [The Drought]" Import Error: Assignment - "Respond: Choices [Never Retreat from Eyes Wide Open]" Import Error: Assignment - "Respond: Choices [Ode to enchanted light]" 

What would be causing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @HortonShine2,

Without having access to your Canvas environment, this one is going to be hard to give solid info on.  My first guess would be that your new course is in a different Canvas subaccount that the original one, and may not have the same 3rd party LTI integrations available.  My next guess would be that your institution upgraded the integration from an old version to a new one recently, and the content will need to be re-linked through assignments to work with the new version.  I'd suggest asking someone from your school/institution Canvas team (usually located in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) whether they have done any changes lately.  You could also have them take a look at the error to do some troubleshooting with you.  We in the Instructure Community can offer a lot of guidance on Canvas LMS and other Instructure products, but digging into issues like this is hard because we are just other users from around the world, and do not have any direct access to your course or Canvas environment ourselves.

I hope this post provides a direction for you to move forward on this.

-Chris

View solution in original post