In Assignment Recording

Jump to solution
HestonNigh
Community Novice

Hi, I'm having trouble getting the in assignment recording function to work on my MacBook Pro. It starts a countdown, but then crashes before it starts. I let the canvas and safari in for approval to work and use my camera and microphone but it still isn't working, anything I can do? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @HestonNigh 

Thanks for posting this in the Canvas Community. 

I apologize that you are having trouble with recording videos in Canvas.

I am not quite sure why that would be happening when you try to record your video. There are some things you can check on for this. 

1. It seems to be happening when you are using Safari as your browser. It could be a possibly blocked cookies or permission. You can always try to clear the cache on your browser. HERE is a guide on how to clear cache for Mac. be sure to select All History to ensure the best results after. You can also ensure that you are allowing access to your Camera and Microphone within the Safari preferences, under the websites tab. 
  2. Are you able to record a video while using a incognito/private browser window on Safari. 
  3. Is your Safari browser up to date? Canvas is optimized for Safari 14 and 15. HERE is a guide on how to update Safari to the latest version. 
  4. Are you able to use a different browser to record the video? HERE is a list of the supported browsers for Canvas. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

View solution in original post

0 Likes