Is it possible to open up different assignment responses within the same assignment?

Jump to solution
steve_peterson
Community Member

I have an assignment with a text response only. 

I would like to open up the option to submit a media response for certain students.

Is this possible within the same assignment, or do I need to create a separate assignment for those students that I would like to be able to submit a media response?

If it is possible, how do I do that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Yes this is possible.  Just check the boxes for both Text Entry and Media recording under Submission Type for the assignment and both of those options will be available. But keep in mind, students can only use one or the other for each submission. If they need to submit a Text Entry and a Media recording it will need to be two different submissions.  

rmurchshafer1_0-1603592136063.png

However I just had another idea.  If you only have Text Entry selected the students will still have the full Rich Content Editor available for them to use and there is an option for them to use media.  Below are a few links to Student Guides showing them how to do it.  There are multiple links to cover the two different versions of the Rich Content Editor, and to cover Recording vs Uploading a video.

Rick

View solution in original post