Is there a way to view calendar event activity?

Jump to solution
TaylorMeeker
Community Member

We post events to a course group calendar, and I've recently realized that students can edit/move and delete these events. Recently, we had two events disappear from the calendar.

Is there a way to see calendar activity to identify who might have done this? I'd like to chat with the student (or instructor) to try to work through the best solution moving forward.

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @TaylorMeeker,

I'm not aware of a way to get at information like this in either the web UI or the Canvas API.  It may exist somewhere in Canvas Data 2 if you have that set up and know how to use it.

With that being said, it sounds like someone at your school/institution has enabled the "Course Calendar - add / edit / delete"  permission for the student role.  I'd perhaps ask your Canvas team (usually in the eLearning / IT / Digital Education areas) if they did this on purpose or not.  I'm sure there are some use cases where enabling that permission for students would make sense, but for general academic courses at my university, we have that permission off for students so they can't edit things their teachers or TAs create.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes