Issues with "Authenticate with Google"

Jump to solution
hooverg
Community Novice

Good afternoon,

We are seeing an increase of students having issues Authenticating with Google to access assignments/drive/docs ect. We have tried going into Canvas and removing Google Drive, go into their Google account and remove Canvas, cleared history, and even different devices. Nothing seems to fix this. Canvas support does not respond to my support tickets I have been replying to for weeks and I am at my wits end. Though Canvas support fails to respond to any of my tickets for over a year.

In years prior clearing the device history would clear it up and now nothing seems to help. All students are on chromebooks. 

Any ideas on what we can try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @hooverg,

You will definitely want to make sure their browser is set to allow all cookies. I recommend checking that first.

Then you can have the user go to their canvas profile and remove the token for Google Drive under approved integrations as well as signing out under web service, then go to their drive account>security dashboard and remove any tokens pertaining to Canvas.

Then they will want to clear their browser cache for all time and sign back in to Canvas. Head to the profile again and sign in to Google under web services and then try accessing the drive material again through their course.

View solution in original post