Kaltura Video Quiz not syncing with Canvas Grade Book

Jump to solution
rtamayo2
Community Explorer

Hello! I have an instructor having issues with their Kaltura Video Quiz not syncing with their Gradebook. I've attempted to recreate the issue and found no success. Students are able to submit their answers and it shows up as the Gradebook has synced in Kaltura, however the instructor is having to manually input grades and the Avg. completion rate is 0%. I've included screenshots as well in case it's helpful.

Has anyone gone through this issue as well?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @rtamayo2,

We have seen random grade passback failures from Kaltura interactive video quizzes for years, both with their LTI 1.1 and LTI 1.3 integrations, but things work right probably 99% of the time.  Based on your screenshots, you haven't had a single successful grade passback for this assignment, which leads me to believe there is a problem with the assignment setup somewhere.  I'd suggest making sure that the video quiz is only available through the assignment link, not embedded anywhere else in the course or available through media gallery, as that seemed to be the most common cause (aside form tech issues) of grades not passing back.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post

rtamayo2
Community Explorer
Author

Hi Chris,

Took your advice and didn't have much success, my colleague and I believe it's an issue on Kaltura's side and we have created a ticket with them.

I will definitely use this for future cases while I am troubleshooting. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes