Make a Quiz results visible without allowing students who missed it to take it

Jump to solution
jjohns23
Community Novice

I give a simple three-question "did you do the reading?" quiz at the beginning of class that serves to ensure students do the reading, and to also make sure they get to class on time. This quiz is due five minutes after class starts and locks six minutes after. As finals approach, my students would like to see the old quizzes, which seems entirely reasonable, however locking a quiz doesn't just prevent students from taking it, but it seems to prevent anything other than just acknowledging that it probably exists. If I click "Allow students to view..." it doesn't seem to matter.

Is this the intended use? Is there no way to allow students to see old quizzes without also allowing others to surreptitiously try to take them? Or is there something I'm missing?

If this isn't possible it seems problematic.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @jjohns23, have you looked at the options for your quiz? It's possible to change the options for what students see independently of the quiz availability options. The Canvas Guides has a document on quiz options:

What options can I set in a quiz?

Edit to add a link to the Canvas Guides that answers the same question for New Quizzes:

How do I restrict students from viewing quiz results in New Quizzes?

View solution in original post