cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Participant

Mastery Paths don't process

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am struggling with Mastery Paths.  I have set up a simple mastery path with three different paths. 

308539_teacher.png

When I test the paths using the test student, I get a message that says "Locked until the assignment is graded"   even though the assignment is graded.

308537_test_student.png

I have two demo students in the course as well.  I have submitted an assignment for both demo students and graded them.  For both demo students, I get a message that says "Locked until mastery path is processed for the assignment."

308538_student3.png

I have refreshed the page multiple times to no avail. 

I have deleted and recreated courses to test the mastery path tool, but continue to get the same results.  I have searched the forum, and it appears that others have had this problem and have submitted a ticket.  However, I haven't seen an explanation for a solution. Does anyone know of a solution?  Or can someone explain what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

10650941, greetings! I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having with Mastery Paths. Since this appears to be a known issue/problem, my recommendation is to submit a ticket to Canvas Support to see what they would recommend in terms of how to fix this/what to do. Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you come back and let us know what they have to say about the problem?

Thanks! Kona

View solution in original post

18 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

10650941, greetings! I'm sorry to hear about the problem you're having with Mastery Paths. Since this appears to be a known issue/problem, my recommendation is to submit a ticket to Canvas Support to see what they would recommend in terms of how to fix this/what to do. Also, if you wouldn't mind, could you come back and let us know what they have to say about the problem?

Thanks! Kona

View solution in original post

Community Champion

Rebecca, I agree with Kona.    This has been discussed before:

https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/32996-mastery-paths-bugs 

Best of luck!

Community Participant

Thanks Kona.  I will report back what I find out. 

For those of you who happened upon this question because you are also having trouble with mastery path, could you please either like this reply, and/or leave a brief comment so we can see how widespread this problem is?

Thanks!

Rebecca

erinpac1
Community Participant

I think it may just not work at all with the test student...  there seem to be several threads similar to this, although I cannot find that limitation clearly spelled out.  Although you mentioned demo students...
That makes it REALLY hard to tell if they are set up correctly.  I cannot easily use fake students to test mine...  I've set some up multiple times and cannot really get it to work in testing at all.

Community Participant

I was able to set up mastery paths using a Free for Teachers account.  Both the test student and the demo students worked.  We have a ticket open with Canvas so hopefully we will be able to get some clarification and direction.  I'll keep this thread updated.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks for the update! Let us know what you find out from support!

bricha44
Community Participant

Adding my voice to this thread.

I have tested Mastery Paths with a simple Multiple Choice quiz leading to two Pages depending on the students choices, and have received the "Mastery Paths still processing" message. Countless refresh does not cause any change. I have used both the Student View option and also an actual test student account and received the same error message.

Really critical to get some response from Canvas on this.

seancummings
Community Member

I am using Mastery Paths in our Canvas Training for Faculty. I get the same error: Locked until mastery path is processed... The learner is a real person, a member of our faculty. It has been over 24 hours and the lock still persists. When I pull up the mastery paths report, it shows the learner in the appropriate band for their initial score, and the score shows in the teacher and student gradebooks. Other learners have had no problem. 

Mastery path is locked despite showing completed initial assessment.

bricha44
Community Participant

Hello all.

Finally got a fix from the Canvas Engineering team. Seems for Mastery Paths to work, it requires a default admin 'Conditional Release API' which was missing from our Canvas instance account. See the Canvas Release notes on Mastery Paths under "Account Setup". We were not aware of this account.

Check to see if this admin account is available in your Canvas instance. If not, you will need to ask them to recreate it.

Once the Engineering team recreated this Conditional Release API admin account, our Mastery Paths worked seamlessly. You can ask them to refer to our ticket #04231194.

Best regards,

Bruce