Mediasite Player Window Size Frustrations and Feedback

Jump to solution
NinoCirrincione
Community Member

Hi all,

I'm an online student that has been using Canvas for about a year. I'd like to give some feedback and start a discussion about the mediasite player.

My experience with mediasite has been frustrating. The main problems I have are the viewing window size, the progress bar, and keyboard shortcuts (pause). I'm unable to maximize the video without losing functionality of the progress bar. The classes I take require a lot of note taking, it helps to have everything full screen and be able to pause and jump around the lecture. The pop-out player is not as user friendly as the regular player. 

For example, my professor uses video capture software. If I want to use the regular player, the video capture is inside the media player which is inside a boarder which is inside another boarder... So many windows...

Window^4.PNG

I'm unable to find a solution so my feedback is to improve the pop-out window functionality or improve the window size of the regular player. This would improve my experience.

Thoughts?

Nino,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @NinoCirrincione ...

To my knowledge, Mediasite is not a product native to Canvas, so I am not sure how much support that Community members will be able to provide.  In doing a bit of quick searching on the Internet, I found that Mediasite is made by a third-party company called Sonic Foundry.  Video Technology for Education, Video Conferences & Online Events (mediasite.com)  They would be the ones that would most-likely be able to provide support for you.  I know that there are Mediasite integrations that are compatible with Canvas.  You might want to try contacting them via this form: Contact us here at Mediasite for all your video needs| Mediasite...letting them know that Mediasite is integrated into your school's Canvas environment.

Alternatively, you might try reaching out to your school's Online Learning/eLearning department to see if they can provide any help or resources for you, too.

Hope this helps a bit.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @NinoCirrincione,

I just happened upon this thread and noticed you're from UM-Dearborn, where I am the primary Canvas administrator.  I've asked our Mediasite expert to reach out to you about these issues directly.  While I know Canvas very well, I am not as versed in Mediasite since it's primarily supported by the College of Engineering and Computer Science.  Hopefully our expert will reach out to you soon and confirm whether these issues are with Mediasite, or perhaps something that can be adjusted on our side or yours.

-Chris

View solution in original post