Modules Locked Until Date, but some have lock icon & Grayed out assignments, others don't

Jump to solution
lglen2
Community Participant

I've checked the settings multiple times and all of my modules (after module 0) have the same settings:

no prerequisites
no requirements
locked until date is set (different for each module)

and yet some modules show with a "lock" icon and their assignments are grayed out; others don't have the icon and the student view can click on the assignments. When they do, they get a message that "this assignment is locked until..." but I want them all to behave the same way (preferably the grayed out version).   Why am I getting different behaviors?

EDIT: Weirdly, it's Modules 2 and the Final Exam that are showing as grayed with the lock icon; 1, 3 and 4 are not grayed and accessible to students (although the assignments won't open)

0 Likes
1 Solution

I used to do the grayed out module thing too, however it both gave me the issues you are telling me, and some students found a way to bypass the sorry message and view the assignment/quiz.

That's why I just unpublished my modules completely and I just published it the morning of us beginning that lesson, maybe you could do that too?

View solution in original post