Nearpod Integration Full Screen Option

Jump to solution
BrookeHarrison1
Community Member

Someone posted this message a few years ago, but it looks like it was archived

"When I use a nearpod activity through external tool, the window to see it in for the students is so small. The window should be much larger, or allow students to click to open it in another tab full screen. It is impossible to see the whole page without scrolling."

I am having the same problem with using Nearpod through the external tool. The students have to scroll a ton to see everything and it is really frustrating for them. A lot of times they won't realize they need to scroll down and they will just go to the next slide. Is there anyway to let them open it full screen now? 

Here is a short screen cast of what i'm talking about (its even smaller on their chromebooks). https://watch.screencastify.com/v/cRs1mELE8V3pGbSuBjEE

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @BrookeHarrison1,

When setting up the assignment, you could try checking the "Load This Tool In A New Tab" option found in the submission type box once you select External Tool.  That should allow the tool to open in its own full window.  With that being said, your screencast makes it appear like there is a lot of extra space being inserted by the tool itself and not necessarily Canvas, so I don't know how much this will help, but please let us know if it has any improvement!

-Chris

View solution in original post