New Canvas Quiz Bank from Multiple Saved Banks

Jump to solution
mramir11
Community Explorer

Is there a way to create a New Canvas quiz and create a question bank on there using selected questions from previously saved banks that will not show up in the saved banks page? For example, if I choose 3 questions to add to a new quiz, is there a way to group them together in the quiz and only select 1 (or 2)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

If you are making a New Quiz using questions that are existing in Item Banks already and want to have the questions be randomly selected from the banks, as long as the questions are located in the same Item Bank you can do this by selecting the All/Random button at the top of the Item Bank.

All/Random button in New Quiz Item BankThis will create a question group in the quiz that pulls all of the questions located in the Item Bank by default.  You can select this question group in the New Quiz to edit it and change the setting to randomly select a number of questions from the bank.

How do I add all items or a random set from an item bank to a quiz in New Quizzes? 

If the questions are located in different Item Banks, you would first need to make an Item Bank to house the questions and then copy the desired questions to this new Item Bank.  A Canvas guide that details that process can be found here:

How do I move or copy a question from one item bank to another in New Quizzes?

View solution in original post