Notifications

Jump to solution
MariaDea
Community Member

I am following my course instructions, but my Canvas does not look like the instructions. Can you help me to turn on my notifications for daily updates as well as notification for any communication from my professor, 

Thank you 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @MariaDea ...

There are two ways you can configure your Canvas notifications.  First, you can set up your notifications at your account level...meaning that you'll get notified for anything that you want no matter what course it is that you're enrolled in.  Second, you can configure your notifications at the course level.  So, for example, if you want to get certain notifications about one course but not another, you can do this.  Here are the two Guides that you'd want to look through:

You can also add additional e-mail addresses to your account, and you can set those e-mail addresses up to get notifications, too.  This is completely optional on your part.  Once you add additional e-mail addresses, a new column for each e-mail address will show up on your "Notifications" screen (as described in the above links).  Here is a Guide on how you can add additional e-mail addresses to your Canvas account:

Hopefully these Guides will be of some help to you.  If you have any questions about this information, please let Community members know, and we'll try our best to help!  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes