On line / In Person Class Recordings

Jump to solution
DuanePoe
Community Member

I use Blackboard with both in person and online classes.  I record all my classes in Blackboard and post them for my students should they have been absent or need to go over what we discussed in class again.  Will I be able to do the same in Canvis?

0 Likes
1 Solution
NicoletteStaley
Instructure
Instructure

@DuanePoe As @nwilson7  mentioned, you should be able to record your class and post the recordings to the course similar like you had previously done in Blackboard.  The specifics of what tools you will use for this functionality will largely depend on what features and 3rd-party tools that your school will integrate with Canvas.  Some of the most common tools that are used for this type of functionality are Canvas Studio, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and WebEx.  The best recommendation for the specifics in your case would be to reach out to the IT or Instructional Design departments at your school to ask what tools they are recommending for you to use. 

Once you know they tool, most of them have guides on how to use them in Canvas as each offers a slightly different process to follow.

View solution in original post