Online module video playback is bugged

Jump to solution
astudent4461
Community Member

My teacher uploads content in these online module forms. However, when I try to backtrack or skip ahead, the module instead restarts from that slide. This happens sometimes, and sometimes it does not. I do not know what is causing this. This is debilitating because I want to annotate, rewatch, etc. some parts of a slide, and right now I must rewatch the whole video to reach that point.

I have tried. Removing all plugins from my browser, restarting, using a different browser, to solve these issues, to no avail.

It would also be nice to change the speed of these modules

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @astudent4461,

I'd recommend talking to your teacher about this.  From the screenshot you shared, I can see that what you have on your screen really isn't something built into Canvas, but is some kind of custom lesson code that your instructor uploaded into the files area.  It perhaps came from a publisher or developer or something, but it's not something that Instructure/Canvas could fix or support since it's not their system.

Hopefully your teacher is receptive to your concerns!  Please feel free to come back here and update us on whether or not your teacher could make adjustments to alleviate your concerns.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes