Options under Course tab.

Jump to solution
LacyCleeton
Community Member

Hello. I am new to Canvas and currently watching the introduction tutorial videos.

In the third video (RCE) I notice there are a whole list of options on the left of the screen in the "Course" Tab

However on my account I only see 3. Home, Modules, and Grades.

This is making it difficult to follow the video as the "Pages" option is not available on my end.

Is this something I am doing wrong? 

I am very grateful for any assistance on this issue.

Lacy Cleeton S3778230

IDS 1107 Strategies for the Pursuit of Knowledge 

S3778230@students.fscj.edu

0 Likes
1 Solution
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

Dear Lacy,

Many instructors, including myself, want our students to access all of the course materials through our "modules." Modules are like units which contain our pages, assignments, discussions, quizzes, and the like. The reason for this is these modules are laid out in sequential matter. For example, we want our students to first read a "page" and then do a "discussion." At the end of the module, you might complete an "assignment" or take a "quiz."

In order to encourage students to click on "modules" to access all of their course content, instructors often do not give students direct access to "pages" and other items in the students' course navigation bar. If we did, you'd see a long and confusing list of "pages."

I expect that everything will soon become clear to you as you go through your first module or two. If you have any additional questions, I'd suggest reaching out to your professor. Good luck! 

View solution in original post