Outcomes not linking properly to quizzes in blueprints

Jump to solution
AdamWARREN
Community Member

Last year I created a set of several outcomes (a lot more than several).

Every one of these outcomes was linked to one question in a quiz for students to answer.

This worked exactly as expected and every outcome was presenting class data based on student responses.

This year I have prepared several (dozen) quizzes along with the 300 outcomes of the syllabus, each quiz has an individual link at the question level like I did last year, this was done at the blueprint level as it was being passed out to several classes. None of these quizzes are passing student results to the learning mastery markbook.

When I go and create a new quiz in my particular course and align individual questions to outcomes they work fine. I have been using the test student account to access each quiz, give varying right/wrong answers for auto marking as well as essay questions, and all passes through to the markbook as I expect. When I attach an outcome as a rubric to a quiz made in the course the score passes through to the outcome scale appropriately.

Is there something about outcomes linked to quizzes that does not work correctly when using blueprints?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks @AdamWARREN for doing that research and sharing the results you found. The page you found refers to New Quizzes, which is where all of Instructure's quiz-related development work is going. If your question about blueprints/outcomes relates to Classic Quizzes, Instructure will only work out bugs. It seems reasonable to me that this is a bug, since it works in one situation but not the other, so I suggest reporting it to your local Canvas support team.  It would be great if their vigilance extended to the Canvas Question Forum, alas it does not.

I’m going to mark this reply as a solution. I realize it does not solve your problem, but our colleagues who face a similar challenge will know how best to proceed.

View solution in original post