Post grades on specific date

Jump to solution
kencarrell
Community Novice

Hello,

I've seen some posts about this that are one to several years old at this point so I figured I would broach the topic again in hopes this is a feature that gets added. I would really like the ability to release grades to students on a specific date and time so that I don't have to continuously remember to release grades manually for every assignment. This was the one feature that Blackboard had that Canvas didn't and it was a wholly useful feature that I implemented often. I'm hoping this can be added in the future as a QoL improvement. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @kencarrell ...

It sounds like this would be an idea to be considered for implementation by Instructure.  I tried searching existing ideas, and I came across this one which sounds similar:

[Gradebook Settings] "Grade Release Date" Option i... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

You will see that the above idea is part of a larger theme called:

Improve Gradebook settings options - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I would suggest following both of these threads so that you can participate in the conversations and stay up-to-date on if/when something like this might be implemented in Canvas.

Sorry this isn't the answer you were maybe looking for, but I hope that it helps to answer your question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes