Posting media to discussion

Jump to solution
aenelson
Community Member

Trying to upload a video to my discussion. I have done this before but when I click on video it counts down and shows it being recorded then lost. I am not sure if my Canvas is full and I need to delete media? If so, how? Why does my media disappear when trying to record? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @aenelson 

It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to check your permissions  on your browser and make sure camera  and microphone are enabled for  Canvas. Additionally, you may want  to check your user files by clicking account in the top left and then files. Scroll to the bottom, do you have space? If you are at capacity, then you should delete some old files to make space and the upload and recording should work. If none of that works, the next step would be to try another device or wifi. Hopefully this helps.

View solution in original post