Practice quizzes with immediate feedback after each question?

Jump to solution
dsiegel1
Community Explorer

Is it possible to structure multiple choice questions that students can answer and then immediately get feedback on their answer for that question (i.e., see if it is correct or incorrect and get an explanation)?  I realize students can submit their answers, then be shown their answers and retake the entire quiz, but I often use quizzing as a no credit practice exercise, in which students try to answer a question, get it wrong, and retry the same question having more information.

Is this possible in Canvas? Thanks.

1 Solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Unfortunately, students can only see their answers and whether they scored correctly or not after they complete and submit the quiz at the end - not question by question.  However, what you can do and - hopefully should help, is you can still add the feedback that you would like to give for each question (based on each type of answer that the students provide).  This way, after completing and submitting the quiz, the students can see the questions, their answers, plus the feedback that you provide them.

How do I add feedback to an assessment question in New Quizzes?  

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-26428-how-do-i-manage-settings-for-an-assessment-in-new-qui... 

View solution in original post