Pronunciation quiz

Jump to solution
HeatherSkar
Community Member

I am hoping to create a pronunciation quiz or speaking assignment within Canvas with a question prompt and an audio response.  I want my students to be able to respond with an audio recording within the app (not upload a recording). Does anyone know of a way to achieve this within app or use another app integration?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You should be able to allow students to record right in the quiz. First, as you are creating your quiz question you'll want to enable to Rich Content Editor in the Options dropdown.

2023-09-21_11-26-37.jpg

Then when the student is taking the quiz, they'll be able to click the multimedia link and select Upload Image.

2023-09-21_11-31-54.jpg

This will display a popup window where they can 1. click on the Record tab (instead of the Computer tab), 2. Click on Webcam and select No Video - unless you would like them to record a video of them pronouncing the work, which might actually be a pretty good approach, 3. If they have multiple microphones then they'll want to select the one they would like to use.  

2023-09-21_11-28-06.jpg

With all that taken care of, they can click the big blue Start Recording button.

View solution in original post