Publishing Modules

Jump to solution
hildebranla
Community Member

How can I change my settings so when I am publishing a module it will not publish every assignment in the module?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
SusanNiemeyer
Community Contributor

The short answer is that you can't. When you publish your Module, everything will automatically be published. All you can do is unpublish what you don't want your students to see. With assignments and quizzes, I'd suggest carefully setting up the availability dates and times so that your students don't get a sneak peek at the contents.

This has been a major headache for instructors, but nothing has been to remedy this problem. 

View solution in original post

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @hildebranla ...

In addition to the feedback provided by @SusanNiemeyer, you might be interested in checking out this Feature Idea called Stop Canvas Modules from Auto-Publishing All Conte... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  You can leave feedback as to why this would be an important feature for you to have in Canvas (giving real-world examples is beneficial), and you can also give it a star rating.  More information can be found at: How do idea conversations work in the Instructure ... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).  Hope this helps a bit.

View solution in original post