Question details not available when more than 25.

Jump to solution
kbeachy
Community Novice

When I am trying to review my quizzes, I am unable to view the details of the questions when I have more than 25 questions. I must go into Edit in order to see the details.  Furthermore, there is no indication of what number the question is.  I was sure that this was mentioned when we were considering changing from Blackboard to Canvas. The Canvas gurus told us it was going to be changed because there were so many complaints. It is now 3 years later.  Is there a possibility this doesn't drive everyone else crazy?

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @kbeachy ...

The things you are describing have been mentioned several times here in the Canvas Community, so you're not alone in your frustration (I've had some of the same frustrations as well, to be honest).  But, I have some good news for you.  The quizzing interface that you're referring to is the "legacy" version, but Instructure has been working on a brand new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine that addresses many of these issues.  You can find more information on Quizzes.Next by visiting this group here in the Community: Quizzes.Next User Group.  There isn't feature parity just yet between current quizzes and the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine (meaning that some things don't exist in the new that did in the old...and vice versa), but Instructure is working towards that...as you can see on the chart on the group home page that I shared with you.  Once you click on that link, you can "Follow" that group by clicking on the "Follow" button at the upper right hand corner of the page.  There's also an "Actions" link near there.  Click on that, and then click on "Join group".  Finally, if you talk with your school's local Canvas administrator, you might be able to find out if your school will be using the new Quizzes.Next quizzing engine any time soon.  I hope this helps, Kathryn.

View solution in original post