Quiz Alert for Instructors

Jump to solution
AnsleyNevins
Community Member

I've seen a few people have posted this, but can someone please direct me or explain how to set up an email alert for when a student has completed a quiz? 

I've tried several things with the notifications settings, but nothing has worked. 

Thank you,

Ansley Nevins

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @AnsleyNevins ...

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that notifications for quiz submissions are even possible.  In looking at the "Notifications" screen, there is a row for "All Submissions".  But, if you hover your mouse over those two words, you get a little pop-up description that says, "Assignment (except quizzes) submission/resubmission".  There are a couple past discussion topics with similar questions:

In the first link, Robbie had provided a response with a link to a Feature Idea.  However, that link points to the old Community website, and I tried searching for an updated link to that Feature Idea, but I could not find it.  ☹️

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped a bit to answer your question.  Let us know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

I don't believe that notifications for quiz submissions is possible at this time, unfortunately.  The other thing I'll mention is that current/classic Quizzes isn't being worked on much any more.  Instructure is now concentrating on their work on New Quizzes.  In looking through a couple of the Guides on New Quizzes, I do not see any indication that you can get notifications of when New Quizzes are submitted.  These are the two Guides I looked at:

You may want to start a new Feature Idea (if one doesn't exist already) to see if there is any interest from other Community members.  Instructure employees do read through our Feature Idea requests.  Here are a few documents to get you started:

I hope these extra documents will be of some help to you.

0 Likes

Hi @AnsleyNevins 

There is one thing you can do, it is quite simple, and it works!

Canvas will notify you of Quiz submissions that need grading, and it will notify you in your To-Do lists. In each quiz add a zero point essay item at the end of each quiz. Something simple like "Did you complete this quiz - Type Yes or No in the space below." Canvas will then notify you that you have a submission that requires manual grading.

I hope this helps, but if you need more help setting this up, just holler!

Kelley