Quiz Comments notification

Jump to solution
glen_hartman
Community Explorer

Hello,  How do setup the Quiz Comments so that students are automatically sent an email when instructor posts a comment to a Quiz ?  

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @glen_hartman ...

I believe that this is all handled through an individual's "Notifications" screen in Canvas.  I can't think of any settings on your end that once you comment on a student's quiz, that feedback is automatically sent out via e-mail.  Each user (students, instructors, admin, etc.) have complete control over how they want to be notified about certain things in Canvas...including assignment submissions and feedback.

User can choose not only how they want to be notified, but they can also choose when they want to be notified...which may include not at all.  So, I think the line to look at on the "Notifications" page is "Submission Comment".  Users can choose if they want to be notified via e-mail (or any other contact method such as personal e-mail, push notification via the app, etc.).  It's entirely possible that a student may not want to receive e-mail notifications but only receive those notifications via push notification on their mobile app.  Yet at the same time, another student might want e-mail notifications because he/she does not have a smart phone.  It's completely up to the end user on how he/she wants to be notified.

I hope this helps a bit, Glen.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this.  Be well, and stay safe!

View solution in original post