Quiz Points Issue When Using Question Groups

Jump to solution
paselkin
Community Member

I just created a quiz with two of the questions set up as groups, each set to choose one question out of two, with one point per question. The quiz had 7 total questions, so should have been worth 7 points. Before publishing the quiz, I noticed that Canvas said that the quiz was worth 5 points, and that the two question groups were set to choose more questions than were available (presumably that's why the points added up wrong).

Now that I've published the quiz, the total score says 7, which is right.

I'm not super concerned about the ultimate scoring of the quiz for students: it looks like the quiz gets scored correctly for my test student. I'm mostly curious whether anyone else has seen this bug before?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Hello @paselkin 

Thank you for contacting the Instructure Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with question groups. It sounds like the groups may not have had points chosen or applied when you linked to a question bank. When you select New Question Group it should say pick X amount of questions and apply X amount of points per question. Maybe double check that via edit mode. This can also be an issue when you select more questions than are actually in a group - and the points will be off. It would be best to delete any groups that have that message and re-create the groups correctly. Additionally, you may want to speak with Canvas Support who can look at the specifics of your quiz, question groups, students, etc. 

How do I contact Canvas Support? - Instructure Community   

View solution in original post

0 Likes