Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elh1423

Quiz export not downloading as QTI file

Jump to solution

I have been trying to export a quiz so I can import it into a question bank. I am using the old format quizzes. However, when I export the quiz, the file is just a folder of several other folders of .xml files with no QTI files, so I cannot import the quiz back into a question bank.

I was able to do it before, then suddenly, it is like something switched, and in different courses, different quizzes, same thing-one folder full of more folders with .xml files that won't work in an import.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @elh1423 

I understand that you are running into issues exporting your quizzes from Canvas. Were you still having trouble with this? 

You should be able to export your quiz by using the Quiz export option in your course exports area. If you are hoping to export a quiz and put the in the questions into banks, your questions will need to be placed in the quiz instead of linked a bank, on the quiz that you are trying to export. 

HERE is a guide on how to export the quiz into a QTI file. 

HERE is a guide on how to import the quiz QTI file and place the questions into a question bank. 

If you still need help, it might be best to have you submit a case to Canvas support and have them take a closer look into the issue you were experiencing. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @elh1423 

I understand that you are running into issues exporting your quizzes from Canvas. Were you still having trouble with this? 

You should be able to export your quiz by using the Quiz export option in your course exports area. If you are hoping to export a quiz and put the in the questions into banks, your questions will need to be placed in the quiz instead of linked a bank, on the quiz that you are trying to export. 

HERE is a guide on how to export the quiz into a QTI file. 

HERE is a guide on how to import the quiz QTI file and place the questions into a question bank. 

If you still need help, it might be best to have you submit a case to Canvas support and have them take a closer look into the issue you were experiencing.