Quiz results by question

Jump to solution
m_oudevrielink
Community Novice

Is there a way that we can see a list of how many students have answered a question in a quiz correctly?

I know we can see individual student results, and see their incorrect and correct answers, but we are after a way to see each question and how many students got each individual question correct/incorrect so we can forward plan teaching (i.e if a particular question in a pretest has a success rate of 8% in a class, then we know our teaching will have to cater to the content of that question). 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@m_oudevrielink 

Are you using classic quizzes or new quizzes?

In classic quizzes, there are quiz statistics available. There is a student analysis which gives a row for each student attempt and two columns for each question. One of those question columns contains the points the students received for the question. You could do a sum of the columns in the spreadsheet to see how many attempts correctly answered the question.

There is also an item analysis that works better with certain types of questions that I don't use very often (like multiple choice). When it works, it has the number of students who answered the question and the number who answered it correctly. There is one row per question.

This lesson in the Canvas Instructor Guide provides more information: Once I publish a quiz, what kinds of quiz statistics are available?

View solution in original post