Re-using Rubrics - Use this rubric for assignment grading

Jump to solution
birks_r
Community Member

Scenario:

- a teacher creates an assignment and adds a rubric

- teacher clicks the pencil to edit the rubric and choose the "Use this rubric for assignment grading" box

- teacher creates another assignment and wants to re-use the same rubric but when they choose that rubric the box that says "Use this rubric for assignment grading" does not carry over to the new rubric

- the only option I can see is for the teacher to create a new rubric so they can choose the box for "Use this rubric for assignment grading"

I understand that it really doesn't matter how many rubrics there are because the outcomes are what align in the Learning Mastery Gradebook but our hope is that we can re-use a rubric and maintain the settings so that we don't have multiple rubrics with the same name and content. That is confusing for many teachers. 

Thank you for any ideas or workarounds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
thovey
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@birks_r 

The instructor does not need to edit the rubric to use it to grade the second assignment. The "Use this rubric for assignment grading" option will remain enabled in the rubric's settings the next time the rubric is used. 

The instructor can add the rubric to the second assignment and use it to grade in the speedgrader.

Rubrics cannot be edited once they have been used for grading.

How do I add a rubric to an assignment? 

View solution in original post